This year 2022, it’s time to renew yourself as a web developer and implement the UX/UI system in your projects. But what do the acronyms UX/UI mean? On the one hand, UX stands for User Experience . On the other hand, UI stands for User Interface. Both concepts are not exclusively focused on web development and take into account creative and technical aspects that can help you improve the design of your web pages. Also, adapting your website with Elementor to the UX/UI design trends of 2022-23 can be very easy.
- What is UX/UI design and how to apply it?
- UX or User Experience design for your website
- UI design to adapt your website
- The UX/UI design trends in 2022
What is UX/UI design and how to apply it?
UX or User Experience design for your website
UX design is usually the first thing in a product and service design . This clearly includes the creation of web pages. The User Experience concept focuses on giving the project a technical and analytical approach, since it takes into account all the factors to create a better user experience. Therefore, it encompasses the following aspects:
- Identifies and resolves user problems.
- Draw a strategy for the user’s journey through the web.
- Search for elements of interest so that the user interacts more.
- Design different alternatives to later test the most effective option.
- Create prototypes, wireframes, and task flows.
Therefore, a UX designer has more analytical functions and uses different data to better optimize their work. To do all this work, the UX designer must perform numerous tasks:
- Carry out various field investigations.
- Carry out A/B design tests and User Testing.
- Prototyping and framework.
- Web usability and responsiveness.
- informational architecture.
- Navigation taxonomy.
The applications that a UX designer usually uses are: Adobe XD, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Axure, Figma, Sketch, Balsamiq and ProtoPie.
UI design to adapt your website
The UI or User Interface design focuses on the visual aspects that best represent the product or the web page and that take into account the user experience, already proposed by the UX designer. In addition, it gives the product an artistic and creative touch so that it is attractive once it is available to people and that it connects as best as possible with the brand image. The goals of the UI designer are as follows:
- Create a visually intuitive design for the user.
- Translate and join UX aspects to graphic design (like muscles to a skeleton).
- Make the product connect with your target audience.
- Make the product attractive
Graphic design becomes the most important point to create a usable, intuitive and creative interface. However, this requires the same or more effort to complete the work, since graphic design takes into account different factors and tasks, such as:
- The graphic design of sections of web pages.
- Choice of corporate colors and their allocation according to what actions.
- Choice of fonts and their correct application.
- Get a better interaction between the user and the website.
- Layout of graphic elements within a web section.
The programs that a UI designer usually uses are: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Elementor Pro , Avada and Sketch (graphic part).
In terms of similarities, UX/UI designers usually share a good number of applications for website and product layout. However, within said apps such as Sketch, there are different functionalities to which each designer profile adapts.
The UX/UI design trends in 2022
To adapt your website with Elementor to UX/UI design trends in 2022, you have to take into account a change in tastes and styles. Much simpler and cleaner designs are increasingly in demand. In recent years, the focus has been on usability rather than on overly ornate designs. Elements like thick lines and 3D perspectives are being phased out; on the other hand, the simplest figures and the most blurred shadings, yes. Something similar happens with the decorative corners of the web elements, since softer and rounder designs are sought.
Another essential aspect is the micro interactions of the page with the user. For example, that the most important buttons or areas make a movement, change shape, etc. so that the user can easily identify where to go ( client path ).
Regarding the content of web pages, the need to include all the important services or sections within the home page stands out. In this way, the user’s navigation will be more intuitive and you will make it easier for him to find the content he is looking for.
Elementor, for its part, can help you design better web pages, applying all the aspects to take into account. Additionally, Elementor hopes to include a free-roaming container system to streamline UX/UI design and to speed up DOM element loading.
Checkout our post about 6 Advantages of Using Elementor to Build Your Website